Points of Interest
- Koneshwara legendary Hindu temple and the Dutch fort Fredrick.
- The 7 hot springs of Kanniya with mythical healing properties app14km one way
- Velgam Vihara- Ancient Buddhist seat of learning with ruins still visible. note : can be coupled with 7 hot springs app.16km one way
- Thiriyaya Buddhist temple 32 km one way with a very ancient ruin situated on a cliff.
- Bird sanctuary at South Kokilaiwith many European migratory birds visiting between October and March It is one of the largest natural lagoons. Note: can be coupled with the thiriyaya temple.
- The other ideal excursion is the up river cruise of the mahaveli ganga. In Mutur by boat or to kinniya and then by boat.